3D Printer » upgrades
Here I have a list of all the upgrades I have done to my printer, where possible I will link to the files I used.
Silicon heater for hotbed
I switched my hotbed heater from PCB to silicone heater purchased from AliExpress This improved my hotbed warmup time from about 5 min to 2 min for 85°C
E3D v6 hotend!
I purchased an E3D v6 hotend with bowden coupler from 123-3D.nl, and I must say I love the thing.
BTW, If you are from the Netherlands, 123-3d.nl is an awesome site to buy 3d printer stuff (order before 23:59 and next day delivery)
The parts I printed to mount the hotend are:
- E3Dv6 Bowden X-carriage mount v2 for Prusa i3 by Tech2C
- Bowden extruder inductance sensor mount PL-08N
- Prusa i3 Rework X-carriage with additional holes for Wade’s extruder
- I put a piece of cardboard under the heated bed which significantly improved the warmup time.
- I printed a replacement X-Idler with tensioning screw from MazaaFIN X-Idler Thing
- Also replaced X-Idler and motor mount with Prusa rework version Smooth X-axis for Prusa i3 with Leadscrews
- I printed a replacement Y-Idler with tensioning screws from bunjatec Y-Idler Thing
MK8 Fan air redirect for PETG
- I made an Air redirector because the extruder fan was blowing air on my print and the PETG filament does not like that.