Please use one of the social networks to get in touch with me.
Skills and abilities
- Hard working
- Fast learner
- Creative and Problem solving
- Can work under pressure
- Broad knowledge of programming from low level microcontroller, ARM based systems to high level (web) application.
- Designing and programming embedded systems, porting existing code to embedded systems driver programming.
- Knowledge of various operating systems like Buildroot, Linux, OS X, RTOS and Windows
- Basic knowledge of hardware engineering (reading datasheets, SMD soldering, electrical components)
- Experience with new technologies like Lora (designing and programming of lora node)
- Dutch, excellent both written and oral
- English, excellent both written and oral
- German, good oral and reading, a bit rusty when writing
- Swiss german, ok oral, writing not applicable
Education and training
- Hanzehogeschool, Groningen (NL) — Bachelor of ICT, graduated in 2009
- Communitech, Kitchener (CA) - Business fundamentals course, 2015
Engineer at Ingu Solutions, Kitchener (CA) — April 2015 - August 2015
- Setting up an office in Waterloo Canada (Skills: People skills, networking, independent working)
- Responsible for recruiting hiring and mentoring of co-op students
(Skills: People skills, people insight)
- Responsible for developing the second revision of the Xploring WiseMote product by finding manufacturers parts, updating the firmware and readout software.
(Skills: C, PCB manufacturing, 3D Cad design, prototyping)
Engineer at INCAS3, Assen (NL) — July 2009 - Present
- Applying sensor technology to real world applications.
- I was responsible for adapting/creating the firmware and interface on a high end network sound device
(Skills: RTOS, buildroot and QT)
- Created the web interface and spectrum fitting analisys software for a full spectrum radiation detector
- Taught embedded Java and C classes at the university (HIT) in Assen (NL).
- Designed, developed and deployed remote monitoring system in Northern Saskatchewan
(Skills: Hands on troubleshooting, C/C++, buildroot, 3G modem using pppd, robust programming, engineerd to tough conditions (-40, 80°C), Ruby on rails)
- Designed and programmed a sensor readout stack, based on low power Atmel coretex M0+, which stacking features for sensor boards, power controller/solar charger, modem board and lora board.
(Skills: C, Ruby on rails)
- Design and firmware of a miniature sensor ball, with motion sensors and sd card storage and temperature sensor.
Co owner at Bazingalabs, Groningen (NL) — April 2011 - June 2014
- Development of prototype boards for wireless hobby electronics based on the Arduino platform for creating your own internet of things at home.
(Skills: Business development, C, websites, soldering, bootloaders)
Engineer at Rosnes Sensor Solutions, Assen (NL) — February 2009 - July 2009
- Prototyped a wireless sensor for detecting parked and moving cars.
(Skills: C, Sensor interfacing, 433MHz radio’s)
Student at Hanzehogeschool, Groningen (NL) — 2005 - 2009
Projects at school include:
- Creating simulation software for managing taxi routes for a taxi company
(Skills: Java, Algorithms)
- Designing, setting up and configuring a network for a school.
(Skills: networking, switch management, server management)
- Creating a Skype like application in a linux terminal.
(Skills: C, gstreamer)